Wednesday, July 6, 2011

MOVING!

So here is the short version of this story.

But first a little history: My grandparents own a house in East Point...

They have for a really really long time. WELL they also own a house in Blairsville (in the North Georgia Mtns) and here lately they have been spending most of their time up "north."
Flash forward to a little over a month ago: We discovered that the electricity had been off in the house for 4 months! So, I decided it was time for someone to actually take residence inside the house and be there to take care of it.

Just so happens that the lucky person is ME! And Anna has thankfully decided to join in this adventure with me!

So granted am I a little behind in blogging this process (no real surprise there) because we have already started renovating but here are some before photos from my trusty iPhone.


 This pretty fantastic 100% vintage shag carpet will be in Anna's room. Sure its been there for over 30 years. But I'm pretty sure shes going to get rid of it...
 

 This is the closet in Anna's room. While it has its own set of issues. THERE IS HARDWOOD FLOOR UNDER HERE!
 Back door... needs some fixing. Because as of right now I can break in. (Don't worry I fixed it before we slept there)
 Enchanted Forest? Or the scary forest straight out of Lord of the Rings? take your pick
 We dont go down here... EVER
 Pink bathroom. Believe it or not the sink and toilet used to match the tub.
 Yes, I got in the tub for this shot!
 The carport! One day my little Echo will fit in here!

 Hallway (from the end pointing towards the kitchen)
 Kitchen: if you look closely enough on the fridge there are 2 pretty amazing photos from my childhood

 Kitchen: from the side door

 Kitchen: from the other direction. Remember how i said the electricity was off for 4 months? Well, the fridge needed a serious cleaning so you see all the shelves on the floor. (ps- NOT fun putting it back together again)

 Living Room: furniture everywhere!
 And everywhere!
BACK UPSTAIRS

Almost forgot my room!
The green trim in a new addition. But watch out for the straw hat. I have heard that there is a pin in it!


Finally outside! Here is the house. I hope you understand the general lay out! More pictures of our progress soon!

I love this house! It is going to be a GREAT place to live :)

3 comments:

  1. You'll love it. I always enjoyed living there. I'll be coming by soon to take care of the tree and the enchanted forest. Love ya!!!


    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the changes. Love ya, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update Please...and I wouldn't go down in the basement..Don't EVER do it!! EVER>>>>> LOL LOL LMBO Heath

    ReplyDelete